Arts, Beautification, & Culture
- Next Meeting: Thursday, February 2nd, 5:30 PM @ Hartford Public Library, Downtown Branch, 2nd floor, Study Rooms (look for sign)
- Contact: Jamie McPike @ email@example.com or 831.331.8418
- Update: More trash & recycling cans in neighborhoods, security cameras at dumping spots, more street trees, senior arts studio at North End Senior Center.
Bulkeley High School (Open to students only)
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 22, 2:45 pm @ Bulkeley High School
- Contact: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected to Mr. Taylor
- Update: Team is working on ideas including improvements to Bulkeley gym, installing digital signs at bus stops, install/repair turf field at Bulkeley, and installing volleyball courts in city parks.
Safety, Services & Support Team
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 22, 6:00 pm @ Hartford City Hall, 550 Main Street, Ground Floor
- Contact: Malana Rogers Bursen, email@example.com or 860.928.2616
- Update: Team is working to cut down list of ideas. Ideas include bus for mobile showers/laundry/clinic/needle exchange, digital kiosks/signs, heated bus shelters, blue light phones, and city wide WiFi.
- Next Meeting: Saturday, February 25, 1:00 pm @ Hartford Public Library (Study Room 5).
- Contact: Linda Martinez, Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.757.9529
- Update: At the last meeting, team discussed the short list of ideas, gave updates on information (for ideas), and divided projects among team for research phase. Ideas include "little free libraries" in the North End, a telescope for a high school, and laptops for library branches.
Public Spaces Team
- Next Meeting: Friday, February 24, 6:30 pm @ West Indian Social Club, 3340 Main Street
- Contact: Jim Doyle, email@example.com or 703.608.9970
- Update: We need more team members! The team is working on research for a cultural community center proposal.
Parks & Recreation Team
- Next Meeting: Monday, February 27 at 6 pm @ Sheldon Charter Oak (54 S. Prospect Street)
- Contact: Charmaine Craig, firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.830.9261
- Update: Team has narrowed down the ideas list to six items including a public composting program (in Keney Park or elsewhere), improvements to Heaven Skate Park, install futsal courts, and renovate Charter Oak Park.